The Wichita Country Club has a proud & distinguished place in the history for golf. Established in 1900, WCC is considered to be the oldest country club west of the Mississippi River to have golf from inception. WCC was a charter member of the Trans-Mississippi Golf Association in 1901 and the Kansas Golf Association in 1908. Founded by a group of golf enthusiasts and led by the Club's first president, Thomas H. Griffith, WCC's 9-hole course originally opened in the area of what is now College Hill Park.
The Club relocated to what is now MacDonald's Golf Course in 1913 and then moved to its current location at 13th Street and Rock Road in 1950. Since its founding, no other club in the state has produced as many prominent figures in Kansas and United States golf history. From Kansas State Golf Association founder John L. Powell to former USGA president Judy Bell, Wichita Country Club and its members have played a tremendous role in advancing the game of golf, both on a local and national level. No other club in the area can offer you the opportunity to be a part of such a rich tradition and heritage.